PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is Mhd. Buhari going to do in Nigeria?
Old 12th Apr 2015, 19:53
surely not

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Word I have from some reasonably connected people is that aviation is seen as fundamental to helping the Nigerian economy grow again. Not sure where the comment re business aviation shrinking comes from but it doesn't fit with what I have heard.

Contrary to some of the playground comments posted on here, the election passed peacefully and was found to be fair. Granted this is new territory for Nigeria, but it is a welcome sign that the old guard with their old fashioned ways, are now being marginalised. In a previous time the new President did indeed seize power in a coup, and he did so to get rid of the corrupt Govt who were abusing powers and siphoning away the countries monies. After 18 months (from memory) he stood down and elections were held. It is reported that monies are being returned to the Nigerian Government by deposed ministers worried that they will be sent to jail for their misdeeds.

Early days, but I have a feeling that under this President, Nigeria has an opportunity to advance and bring infrastructure up to speed, including aviation.

I am not Nigerian and do not have any connection with the new Government. I do have a good many contacts in Nigeria.