PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2015, 09:58
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Norwegian

TartinTon

I am not saying that you are right or wrong but I feel BHX has a problem high season with a lack of seats to certain destinations and Malaga is one such example along with Palma and Alicante.

East Mids usually get an extra Ryanair unit plying these types of routes in August whereas BHX gets a couple of Monarch night flights. This means that there is a lot of leakage to EMA and any newcomer like Norwegian should be able fill seats quickly if priced at the right level. In fact if you look at the CAA stats for the whole of summer East Mids thrashes BHX on the routes mentioned above yet which airport has twice as many passengers?

I know "we" do go on about long-haul and business routes most of the time but there is still quite a bit of leakage in summer on bread and butter Mediterranean destinations although if an airline (e.g.Ryanair) can comfortably obtain more profit from the EMA base rather BHX due airport fees then so be it but there is a market for Norwegian to tap into, as to whether they have their revenue management right is well above my head.