PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wall Street Journal article on EK crewing problem.
Old 12th Apr 2015, 08:47
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You've made a valid point, non of which I'd disagree with. Certainly for some on here, your comments may be a bitter pill to swallow. There will be plenty on these forums who use it to vent and to warn others of the worsening T&C's and whilst there's no harm in that, the issue I have is that the majority of the same moaners and complainers will not take their concerns further. Now is as good a time as any to write in and explain your concerns. For God's sake, if it's safety concerns you're worried about, use the Company provided Confidential Safety Reports. That's what they're there for and management don't get to see your name. It really doesn't get any easier than that!

As for unions, proceed with caution. BALPA, for example, is heavily biased towards BA and really achieved nothing for me in my 20 years other than take 1% of of my hard earned salary. Too many individuals with self serving interest, hidden agendas and management aspirations. Those selfish morons spoilt it for the hard workers on the Company Councils who had a genuine desire to help their fellow colleagues. Personally, I'm better off without them.

Harry