PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wall Street Journal article on EK crewing problem.
Old 12th Apr 2015, 08:15
Panther 88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6100, you are correct. We just have better uniforms, sort of, and at least for the pilots, a better mode of transportation to work. And you accurately describe "their" attitude towards their minions.

There is a slight difference though. The rubbish collecter is not charged with a billion dollar/dirham asset. The cost of the a/c, the liabilities cost, the shinning jewel of Dubai, and the reputation of a worldwide corporation. Those in charge of this place need to understand that they cannot achieve their goals without a motivated and content workforce, especially in a service business.

But it' snot just the pilots, as you know. But be careful, my friend, in putting all your hopes and dreams in your Union. If need be, YOUR Union will chew you up and spit you out, just like management if it suits their aim..but better having a voice than none at all. Time and time again, unions around the world have turned their backs on their members. And that is worse than an abusive management. Ask the Americans why many of them arrived at the ME airlines, and a great majority will say because their union thought it better to not listen to their concerns. Happens a lot my friend. But again, you do have the ability to influence the wanna be managers (lifetime union reps).

But please, even though you say you spent your turn in the barrel here, save that old cliche, love it or leave it.