PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Negative report writing
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2015, 03:59
Big Pistons Forever

Received 134 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by Sop_Monkey
Work on peoples good points but mention where improvement can be made, if you want then to succeed. Basic psychology and people handling skills. We all like a pat on the back now and again!
I agree at the time, in context, for sure tell the pilot that he she did well, but right it all down in the training records, I don't see the requirement.

We use a 1 to 4 marking scale. If I say give you a 4 on your ILS, do I really have to write a comment like "very well flown flown ILS" ? That does not mean a positive verbal comment at the time is not warranted, just that your numerical scores are going to tell the story of your ride in the historical documents, and I fail to see the need to elaborate.

Get a 2 however and there had better be an explanation so the next examiner is going to know what to look for, and if the same mistake is still there than things are not all right and action needs to be taken.

The Colgan Dash 8 crash is a case study in what happens when repeated poor performance is not captured and dealt with by the check organization