PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turboprop transition to jet?
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2015, 19:36
Can737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
Turboprop pilots or light jets who go to big jets are way better then wannabes, you don't learn piloting in a sim.
Sorry, but that is categorically not the experience of our training department.

I've said it a couple of times on here: the overwhelming majority of training issues here have been with experienced ex-turboprop and corporate jet pilots (captains and FOs).

Cadets have rarely had significant issues in sim or line training.
When I did my transition from turboprop to a 737 and it went perfect with SOP, training and line check. I only needed the minimums to be released on the line.

If you hire turboprop candidates between 25-35 of age, motivated and capable, there won't be any issues for sure.

Now don't tell me a cadet is safer or more capable then an experienced and well trained ex-turboprop pilot, because this is and definitly not my experience.
When hits the fan, captain is doing single pilot. That is what I heard.

Now tell me you'll disconnect the AP at 10000' and have you cadet fly the approach at minimums with a strong crosswind on his own. Yup sure me too I drink coolaid.

I have come to understand that some people have an agenda that is probably money related behind those cadets programs, there are no way you can have a reasonable argument with this people.