PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2015, 19:05
nickbrazel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got a rejection from OAA - obviously upset but can't say i'm surprised! I feel that the group and interview stages went really well but it's been 11 years since i've done any trigonometry or even thought about Pythagoras so did really struggle with these elements (did a-levels in 2003!)

Only thing lingering in my mind was whether the outcome may have been different with a different school - i've read here that OAA's maths was comparably more difficult - the fact that the testing software stated "you should use a calculator for this test" and then being told that we weren't allowed seemed rather suspicious for me. As I said it's been a while since i've done that kind of maths but should we really have been expected to do trig without a calculator?!

The other thing i'm mildly annoyed about is the lack of communication from OAA. My assessment was on March 3rd and it has been such an agonising wait. Would it have been hard to send an email just re-affirming when to expect to hear? The people on the phone are vastly unhelpful and in the most recent conversation I had with them they were downright rude. I think the process needs to realise that people have lives and jobs and short notice might not be acceptable or workable to some.

Oh well...back to my medical career!