PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turboprop transition to jet?
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2015, 13:49
Deep and fast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An SOP monkey is a requirement in any operation. You use the company, turbo prop medium jet or wideass. You operate the equipment the way the company want it operated, end off. If any pilot doesn't like that, then change the sops with you fleet manager or change your career.

What I will say again(sorry if I'm getting a little boring) is that all operating standards being equal, the experienced guy will be less spooked, have more spare available capacity and the left seat will be less single pilot ops in more difficult situations.

A low housed guy tried to convince me that we were lining up at the next right turn taxiway onto the runway in LVPs. I stopped put the park brake on and showed the taxi chart, noting that the runway was to the left and the right although the signage could have been better. Easy mistake(think BA 777) but it was a long day with poor weather and that could have been the end of us.
I'm sure there are a few very sharpe cadets as well but the more risky part is in my view 500-1000 hours on type. You think you've got nailed and then you get screwed )