PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2015, 11:20
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This quote is taken from a post on a.net and has rather different wording to anything else I've seen, which exemplifies Bagso's point. I hope the contributor doesn't mind. Is it from the full report on Business Desk I wonder, where I can't register.

The first para. is quite intriguing. Is it just referring to normal visits by the Route Development team, or indicating staff have been posted there for a longer period which would certainly show serious intent.

"Manchester Airport has posted staff in both Asia and America in a bid to lure new airlines. It has workers on the ground in both Beijing and the mid-west of the States, who are working to woo the carriers.

Airport chiefs have made no secret of their desire to secure direct flights to mainland China, with Beijing and other cities in the south a priority. It is also hoping to talk to airline that service Korea, Indonesia and Japan.

The west coast of America is another priority, particularly Los Angeles, and it is monitoring the work of low cost carrier WestJet, which is looking to operate transatlantic flights from Canada to UK airports."