PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Insurance policies protecting the loan taken to go to flight school?
Old 10th Apr 2015, 17:29
LTWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Insurance policies protecting the loan taken to go to flight school?

Hello there!

I'm currently a 23 year old UK STEM student with 1 year of my degree left and like many have wanted to be an airline pilot since little. I started looking into everything when I was about 16 and my plan was to first sort out a backup career by attending Uni, working for a year or two upon graduation to get some experience and then aggressively apply for all of the airline cadet schemes through the FTO's. I'm quite set on going integrated instead of modular and want to start no later than when I'm 26/27.

Should I manage to pull all of this off and get onto a scheme, the only way I'd be able to fund the training would be by taking out one of those huge loans against a UK property.

I'm obviously very weary of doing this as I wouldn't want any homes being repossessed should I die or become ill during the training. Does anyone have any general information or info about insurance policies that would protect this kind of thing from happening?

Last edited by LTWannabe; 10th Apr 2015 at 17:43.