PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - THY 20% increase 777/330 for 70h per month
Old 10th Apr 2015, 15:49
SMT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the number one priority in a life is money, to the detriment of your health, sanity and family life, I pity such an existence.

I've personally resigned from 2 very well paying jobs, simply because my mind and body told me this wasn't going to work. First time was because I'd stayed enough time as an expat away from family and friends. The job and the company was great, but my gut told me it was time to go home. I didn't have a job to go home to, but left none the less. Through the network I landed a new job within a few months of moving home, with more responsibility, better pay and prospects, than the previous one. Trouble was, my boss was an idiot, the company was run by fools who had a collective track record of multiple failures, yet carried an air of grossly misplaced superiority. Senior management were, to a man, a bunch of megalomaniac w@nkers. I gave it my best, as I do have a very deeply rooted sense of obligation, but eventually my body told me this was going to end bad.

So, I resigned my position, and in the process had to make several 'downgrades' to my lifestyle, including moving into a smaller place and discard the poseur wheels.

I'm still back home, and through the network landed another job. This time I'm working for a great guy, with a great team of people, doing something I truly love. I'm also making less than 75% of my previous salary, but there's no happiness to be found in buying expensive, and largely unnecessary, things when you can't sleep at night, have no social life and wish your boss and the company would just go away forever.

If any of the above reads even remotely true for someone trapped in well-paying job that's driving them nuts, deep down you know there's only one solution. And trust you me, a Mazda 3 will get you just as well to the shopping as a Range Rover will. Even better, it will likely do so in a place where every other fellow road user is a not certifiable madman, with an overinflated ego fuelled by a V8 hauling 2.5 tons of air-conditioned metal.