PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To all those looking for a new job.
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2015, 14:48
Skydiveandy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets clarify some points for those that have no idea what they are talking about..

We have 4 Cessna Caravans, 3 of them were brand new when they arrived here the 4th had 2000 hours when we picked it up..

We have 10 further C208B EX on order with Cessna

They are all G1000 with most of the bells and whistles.

We also have a PAC750, DHC-6/300, 4 x AS350 Squirrels and a KA32 Kamov Helicopter.

Yes for a change i am not in the jungle where i spend 90% of my year, I am lucky enough to be in a major city for a change unfortunately only for 5 days.

Our pay rates are far beyond any GA company in Australia and some of the best in this country.

I dont see too many Aussie GA operators paying net US$4000 to US$6000 per month for flying a Caravan or PAC750

DEADCUT we had taken a few with lesser hours but these were guys we had offered positions too long before the most recent adverts. We will continue to take those we offered positions to prior to the current requirements but that will take time.

vee1-rotate - if you read our add you would have seen it clearly states do not apply if you dont meet the minimums. We have got the odd email from people that have said "I am only a few hours short of meeting your requirements. Would you prefer i wait until next time or can i send you my CV".. Our reply to most of those was to send them through and yes we employed one after he went home for a few months and got the hours we needed.

17pdboost - with the experience you listed i would assume you weren't 16 or 17 when you did it and would welcome that sort of information.

Sop_Monkey - 99% of the time we do reply to all emails, most of them "thanking them for sending their CVs but unfortunately you do not meet our minimum requirements". Unfortunately those emails can sit in my outbox for weeks at a time waiting for some semblance or reasonable internet.

Jetdream - Seriously i dont care who paid for their training, to be crystal clear i paid for all of my own training.

Decoder - We are not advertising for pilots looking for their first job, i thought that would be obvious from our STRICT MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS.

50/50 - Wow... Luckily we are not offering A$40k and we dont fly clapped out 182s, we fly new G1000 Turbine Caravans into some of the most challenging airstrips in the world.. Our Junior Captains are taking home a pay equivalent to getting A$82K and our Senior Line Captains are taking home A$133K based on the current exchange rates.

How many pilots in GA with 1500 hours are getting paid A$82K as a line pilot as soon as theyre checked to line.. I am sure their are a few but not many.

And seriously I would love to hear from those with 2000 - 2500 hours flying single engine aircraft in Australia earning A$133K

As well as our fair and reasonable pay scale while our pilots are on tour they have meals and accommodation provided so for 6 weeks every 2 months they are spending very little money.

As Mach E Avelli put it the reason of the original post is to educate those wanting to apply. If you dont want to take our suggestions that's your choice.

megle2 - Maybe a few more reds are in order.

FYI - Our add clearly states we are not hiring copilots. Every day we receive at least 10 CV's from 150-200 hour pilots who have never flown outside of their flight schools. Some of these people "Tell Us" they dont need the minimum hours because of their superior skills.

Following is an example of the emails we get every day

-----------------------------------------------------------

My name is XXXXXX ,I´m Airbus 320 pilot with recent experience 230 hours in XYZ Express and I have recently done 34 hours in Air XYZ Centre Simulator and 4 hours in C.A.E Madrid.

I have experience in C206 in Africa..I love this fligths..

Enclosed is my CV .
I´m available to work immediately.

---------------------------------------------------

This guys CV shows a total of 445 hours and yes he got a nice reply telling him he doesnt meet our minimum requirements. That is one of 14 emails tonight not meeting our requirements. Another guy 69 years old who i would sincerely love to have his experience with us, but legally we cant take him, hence our advert clearly states maximum 60 years old.

We may not be the biggest or best place to work but most of our guys and girls enjoy the lifestyle. We all enjoy flying in some of the most beautiful and remote parts of the world and we get paid fairly well.