PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To all those looking for a new job.
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2015, 12:50
jas24zzk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damm!!! you're lucky enough to be getting CV's that you can afford to bin most of them without even reading the applicants name...

DANG I wish I was that Lucky!

You don't have time to read a 4 page CV...that 4 pages might only be relevant aviation experience...but you need someone?

How about delegation? Your partner? The receptionist.. Your existing employee's.....you obviously have a criteria. Let some others help sift through the applications, put the criteria down on paper, and if it doesn't match then its ruled out, then have a standard rejection letter printed out...even if its printed and the name is hand written.

Dear XXXX, thank you for your application, but your CV indicates you do not meet the criteria that we seek.. We wish you well, and please feel free to apply again when you meet our requirements.

Dear ZZZZ, we feel that you are over qualified for the position available. We wish you well in your endeavours

To not reply lowers you below the level of the person that couldn't read the requirements.... the old...they don't bother replying to applications is a bigger noise than the silly muppet can't read.
-------------------------

IF you want only certain questions answered, it is not hard to create an online form, from which people can apply. You can dictate the questions, and you only get the answers you want.
I applied for a position with Suncorp as a Motor Loss Adjuster a couple of years back. The initial application was a phone call to get the address for a web based application. Once you filled that out, if you met the criteria, then you were invited to submit your full CV. It was an interesting approach.

------------------------

I ran this Advert a few years ago, in an area of high unemployment, with very limited local oppurtunites outside of growing berries.

Wanted Apprentice Panel Beater.
Minimum Year 10 Pass in Maths and English, and a knowledge of basic hand tools.
Award wage and entitlements.

Take a punt on the number of applications!