PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retirement.....what next?
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2015, 09:51
P6 Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is one of the more interesting threads I've come across on here for a while. My job ended last week due to health reasons so I find myself in a semi-retired state in my late 50's. It's so new that I can't bring myself to call my status "retired" yet.

Mrs P6 retired about five years ago so she has developed a good routine while I've been at work Mon-Fri, so now I'm developing my own, around hers so that we have our own space and don't tread on each others turf.

I've had three months off work before it ended so I've had time to think things through and mentally plan ahead. Finance is the main thing that came to mind and once I'd worked out how that would come together, the rest seems quite easy.

Watching TV and being hooked on the Jeremy Kyle Show is not an option to consider, but as an alternative, I suspect that we're about to have the tidiest garden on the planet and some of those jobs around the house that I've been putting off will finally be sorted. It just seems strange right now that I have so much time to make decisions about.

Whether I look into part-time work in the future depends on whether I get bored I suppose but for now, life seems to have a bright future for me.