PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2015, 07:21
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re previous post on M.E.N Article; there is actually a reference to growth last month being 10%. I assume that means March and not Feb which was also 10%. I feel we should be cautious about prospects for April which last year included the whole of the Easter holiday period. I suspect March this year will have got some benefit from the earlier Easter and of course April will see no Little Red flights and a late restart for ORD for example. However, there are some new routes, including those carried over from winter.

The quote about destinations in Europe was:

Mr O’Toole added: “We believe there is not a destination in Europe for which there is demand that we do not have an existing service to.

“Our objective is now very much about building the frequency of flights to these location.”

Any other views on that first sentence? I guess it's intended to be positive PR saying look what we've achieved and how important MAN is. Perhaps it's just me, but I think there's a hint of complacency and even lack of ambition. How about those destinations served from LPL and not MAN. Do we just accept the status quo?

Edit: Could it perhaps be a reflection and acceptance of the capacity constraints at busy times? Increased frequencies to Europe would probably not require additional based a/c and might operate at quieter periods of the day.

Last edited by MANFOD; 10th Apr 2015 at 07:57. Reason: afterthought