PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2015, 05:46
Manchester Exile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Full flights

I've just spent quite some time on the phone with my travel agent trying to get a flight from Sydney to Manchester next Thursday 16th or Friday 17th March, either on Emirates, Cathay, or (very much my last choice) BA via LHR. There are no seats on any of those carriers on those days, save for the Thursday CX service where there are apparently 2 business class seats left. Alas, my employer won't allow travel at the pointy end. So I'm having to postpone my travel plans for a few days in order to get flights.

The other alternative was Etihad, who could get me there on Friday, but only 3 economy seats left. I used to fly Etihad, but no longer do so, so won't be taking that option.

Although inconvenient for me, it's good to see that Emirates, Etihad and Cathay are all full inbound to MAN on 16th / 17th April. I believe part of the reason is the 100th anniversary of Anzac day, with many Australians traveling to Europe to commemorate the event. Flights into LHR were also full, hence my failure to even get there on BA (I could get to LHR on BA, but no seats left on the shuttle to MAN.)