PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Instructor Selection
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2015, 22:56
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it has got to be all about flying standards and knowledge standards. not just taught how to pass an exam.

I think you will find that engineers examinations are designed to test the applicants deep and retained knowledge. not just a memory test of a last minute cram. for this i am truly grateful, we have to trust them.

that is the difference.

pilots are not worth a cracker if they cannot hold a precise hover (somewhere near the fuel bowser thanks Einstein the hose is only fifty metres long)

land if the engine quits,

carry out enough pre checks to be able to navigate off a map of bugger all features when i have hung a set of fencing pliers over the compass,

find a spot to go to and demonstrate discipline in executing an instant plan to get there if the engine quits, oh, and be able to tell someone about it to

maintaining the RRPM if the engine quits (without me warning you thanks Einstein)

fly precisely, be ahead of the aircraft, don't fly where the faster F/W cannot see you, (because you know what, F/W drivers are different Einstein) etc.

and yes I totally agree with afore posters. in my trade I have seen heaps of people, of both sex, who have been sticking a horse between their legs for many years, which seems to give them a license to look down on others as peons, but in reality those who look down the most, (especially females) have never progressed past being a useless blasted jackeroo.