PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CYPRUS LOA
Thread: CYPRUS LOA
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2015, 12:17
faarn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i would think the responsibility for the LOA cuts lies in MoD rather than Govt. Up to MoD how they slice the diminishing pie, guess they see LOA as an easy target. I'm sure they must have some evidence to back-up the cuts....
While of course you are right I can't vote for my Lords and Masters so the nearest I can get is the forthcoming election or with my feet (although still waiting, hopefully, to reach my pension point). The problem is I don't think any other party would be any better!

As far as the huge reduction in LOA this is apparently due to a number of factors:

1. The FRR has increased by 10% this month.
2. The improved offer to those serving overseas. More money for disturbance expenses (about £400 more but only one way); greater flexibility for travel on assignment (you can now claim subsistence during relocation travel); and twice as many school children’s visits each year (6 instead of 3).

Not sure how any of that can justify such a big drop!

If I were to get an opportunity in the future to go overseas I would certainly not dismiss it but would most likely do it unaccompanied. I have enjoyed my 3 years in Germany so no regrets.