PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 9th Apr 2015, 11:57
EC DKN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man its a lot more simple to understand. If you are self-sponsored go modular in the UK because you can choose a very well known providers (like ProPilot and PAT) and then do the FI rating for half the price and the chances at the end of the training are the same (maybe Easyjet are the only one who won't hire you, but who cares?).

And for the UK... well in my opinion as a PPL holder from Spain the better standards of training in the EASA world are in the UK so I will carry on my training there (Propilot and PAT).

Doing and Integrated course in my opinion is a waste of money because you end with just 150 hours (you need 200 hours to get the FI rating for instance) and in the end almost the 80% of OAA or FTE graduates end up with Ryanair which you can go modular as well. The only airline who cares about modular or integrated is Easyjet, then you need to have a look at the modular schools which has a partnership with flybe (PAT).

As for the UK only debate... I know several instructors in my aeroclub in Barcelona (spain) who had gone to Vueling this month (5 flight instructors and 1 corporate pilot) so there are more world apart from the UK ones and Ryanair, but you need to speak more languages which most english pilots do not.

Bear in mind that I am just a crappy PPL! My information comes up after been reading and researching during 2 or 3 years.

Best of luck and sorry for my english (another reason to carry on your training in the uk).