PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2015, 08:36
castleford tiger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst I'm sure the company try to give good customer service their employees are left by the wayside and treated poorly. Now I have left I can see quite how poorly. Today's issue being the latest in along line, which as a director CT I am sure you know all about. I'm sorry but it was an awful place to work especially recently and now pilots and cabin crew are leaving in droves it'll only get worse. (no one really believes the "only 17 pilots have resigned" fantasy that was spouted at the base meetings)

I've just re-read previous posts of yours CT. So either you're a director pretending to be a punter or a previous shareholder or just an interested person on the sidelines asking whether or not jet2 needed to bring in more aircraft. Seems a little dishonest, or fantasist. Standard fare perhaps?

Lets clear up a couple of points.
I am a company DIRECTOR of my company. I am a Chairman of another.
I also have a non-exc role.
I am 55 years old and have been in business all my life apart from Financial training post School. I also chair finance for a Multi-
Academy trust based in Yorkshire.
Other than buying shares at 16p ( when I first got involved) and attending DART AGM I have NO connection to the company.
I pride myself on honesty and my share buys and sells are reported on ADVFN and III .co.uk.
I have spoken against PM and directors when I felt it was justified.
I have no inside information about the loss of crew so best I don't go there.
It is however a free market and any director will tell you that a companies best assets are its staff.
The company has grown fast over the last few years so its found pilots and crew from somewhere.
Clearly if JET 2 do not play ball the company will suffer.
I cannot see management who have such a high financial stake in the company. However if they do they suffer most.
No company is perfect .However as I have said with a staff of thousands they need to be fair. I will ask the question re pilots at the next meeting.