PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways Trainee First Officer
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2015, 13:22
mickey737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To ALL

Well I can understand the kind of position all the jet pilots(2011,2013) are in. Its not at all strange to have ths feeling and if you are making the first post on pprune this negative then I totally understand your position my friend.

But on a serious note,lets take up all the facts and figures right. In 2010 itself with the ab initio recruitment the Type Rated recruitment was going on. 120 NON RATED were selected and close to the same figure were TYPE RATED selected by JET.

Again, In 2011 80 Rated guyz were selected in two batches(40 Each)...in one of the batch, my friend was also there.
2011 ab-initio guyz were in the middle of the process waiting for GD.

In 2012, Close to around 30-35 were selected or probably a little more(2 of my friends got in there).

came 2013 March,(100 rated were taken again 1 of my friend was there to confirm the number).

In 2013 itself the Jet Management Decided to do away with the Rated guyz because of the Quality. Jet did all the pending work...interviews IPT for 2011 and started till the end for 2013.

NOw,Since then my friends if you see Jet has been absorbing Pilots like anything but it was only Rated and from March 2013 Jet hasn't given employment to many Pilots(Except a few from SPice -FOs).

Obviously, the requirement will be there ,route expansion, upgrades etc are the reasons why Jet should take us all...absorption doesn't only depend on fleet expansion.....plus JET said they are not planning to buy new planes....never said anything about leasing planes , so thrs is that possibility as well.

Cheers guyz, ....Sagoobadi..sorry don't knw when they will start calling but things will be faster then before was my point.Sorry, nt that active here so when I get the time I drop a msg.