PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shorts 330/360
Thread: Shorts 330/360
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2015, 08:49
hiflymk3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have some memories regarding Shorts 360. After running a conference in Liverpool Mrs hflymk3 joined me there for a few days where she announced that she thought she might be pregnant. She bought a diy kit and at breakfast at the hotel told me that the test was positive.

We were due to fly back to London that morning from the then Speke on a Manx Airline 360. While waiting in the departure lounge the pilot informed us that Heathrow was fog bound and that the plane was not classified to land in those conditions. However we would fly down there in the hope that the fog would clear. So we flew over a carpet of fog with only a few high rises and factory chimneys poking through the murk. Over London still no change, capt tells us that we can circle for 20 minutes before heading for an alternate which was Liverpool. So back up country we go. Although offered a coach back to London, Mrs hf3 and myself took the train on which I had a few G&Ts.

Shuttling up and down the country that day gave me time to contemplate impending fatherhood.

Our first born is now 28.

Happy days.