PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2015, 03:41
SouthendFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Good comments guys and yes the taxiways meet the minimum measurement requirements as laid down in CAP168 however ............................ they are well below the required PCN and have been for some time. Taxiway Alpha has a PCN of 47 (published correctly in the AIP) However the published figures of "B" and "C" are 26 well they are more like 15 at the moment. An A319/A320 dependeing on surface require at least 39 (if my memory serves me right)

This can be tolerated but only on a very infrequent basis.

These taxiways when they are used frequently cause a large amount of FOD/stones to be prevalent on the surface causing an ingestion hazard.

Taxiway Bravo and the diverted centreline was purely a temporary measure to prolong the life of it ( A good decision at the time) . However because of the AIP entry it now seems more permanent.

However this taxiway situation also cuts down the flexibility of any operation or situation. If "Alpha" ever had a problem (disabled aircraft or concrete failure) they would be up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

Re: The New MD he is NOT the accountable manager. This is held by the current Ops Director so if anything goes wrong the Ops Director will be the one along with the "named persons" (not that there any of those in the 2013 manual still in post) and the ones sitting before the CAA or judge !.

The new MD would probably not fit into the accountable role anyway as defined in CAP700 which is quite clear the experience/competency required as it does for any named person.

Re: the website I agree leaves a lot to be desired. I think they were getting there with documentation (safety instructions) etc but it all seems to have stopped. I presume the Aerodrome Manual was due to be updated as well.

I think SEN are still trying to play with the big boys without success or any in depth experience in actually running an operational airfield and are just trying to "wing it" on a day to day basis.

Good discussion