PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2015, 20:55
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skipness - Forgive me for appearing slightly cynical, but this is the third time in just afew days that you have effectively paraphrased your earlier question about MAN's Transatlantic schedules operated by the three major US carriers. I answered the two previous questions in some depth - see posts No.1512 and No.1552 on this thread. Not wishing to draw further accusations of being too repetitive, I refer you primarily to those answers.

However, I do re-emphasise the importance of accounting for Delta Airlines and Virgin Atlantic flights as comprising a single programme under a close partnership. It is disingenuous and misleading to imply that Delta's single daily B752 schedule operates in isolation from Virgin, and can therefore be deemed to be some damning verdict upon prior performance ex-MAN. With some posters, such a knowledge-gap could be put down to lack of awareness. But somehow I don't think that applies in your case. You are clearly very well-informed. Thus, a suspicious mind might suspect you of trying to create a negative narrative against MAN's long-haul credentials in pursuit of some wider underlying agenda? Your question reads as a dig disguised as faint praise.

American Airlines will operate three widebodies per day across the Atlantic from MAN this Summer. Could do better, but not terrible. United's two daily B752 operation could certainly benefit from an upgrade. But as we have mentioned, Thomas Cook is pitching in on JFK and MIA as well, so that will be a new conduit for some of the leisure demand. MAN has work to do in bulking up its transatlantic portfolio, and the challenges discussed in earlier answers must be addressed. But it is not quite the graveyard that some might envisage, and based upon the fares, Summer yields ex-MAN for those three carriers must be stellar.

Now, that's another question from Skipness answered. It is of course good form to reply to questions posed to you in return. Please refer to postings Nos. 1552 and 1564 for the specifics. I look forward to your considered response.

Last edited by Shed-on-a-Pole; 7th Apr 2015 at 21:24.