PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2015, 15:40
wethersfield

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Southend Flyer - not sure your info is quite correct as EZY only have 3 based aircraft at SEN. 5 were there last year if you included the 320 operating the twice weekly Tenerife flight in the winter.

i agree the taxiway Bravo has been looking very sad for some considerable time and the re-aligned centre line looks like something from a comic. I can understand EZY not being very happy about it. The management really need to get that taxiway back up to standard urgently if they intend to attract more carriers. Bravo is only used when absolutely necessary, i guess to preserve its surface, and most times EZY have to use taxiway ALPHA to enter or leave the runway which involves a taxi along its entire length for 24 arrivals and 06 departures. occasionally they use taxiway CHARLIE but that seems to involve quite a tight turn on and off the runway.

i hope the new MD will be making this a priority on his shopping list and that money being spent by Stobart at Carlisle is not precluding necessary maintenance expenditure at Southend.