PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perpetual 'Am I too old?' thread
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2015, 06:49
Harleyrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Macflea,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to send such a detailed response. It is good to hear comments from somebody who has actually been through the system and can offer first hand information.

In relation to the position after training, I had ruled out Aer Lingus as I don't envisage much chance of securing a position there, from reading previous posts, I notice Ryan Air do hire mature FO's so hopefully there is a potential position with them.

I am currently living away from home and have been for a number of years so getting home each weekend would be an advantage over my current rotation.

It is extremely disheartening to see that none of the guys you have completed the MCC course with are currently employed and your mail is certainly a wake up call, on the other hand if I don't try now, I am not getting any younger and I don't want to look back in ten years time saying "what if"

Thank you again for taking the time to respond. I have also sent you a PM if you wouldn't mind me asking some questions offline.