PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting article regarding mental health
Old 7th Apr 2015, 06:21
jas24zzk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mach E,

Firstly I'd like to sincerely apologise for the tone and choice of words I used the other night. Unfortunatley I have had no internet access to do so until now. (bush holiday where NOTHING works).

The comment that got my ire up was specifically..
The old bull**** that if you are abused as a child, you are partially excused for abusing children
I'll say it in simple terms to avoid confusion....its basically a chain of events, in different scenarios

A.
Abused, get over it and go through life with no problems.

B.
Abused, report to police, get a conviction, and go on your way 'happy'

C.
Abused, get part way through your life and decide its what's driving your negativity and seek a conviction, go on your way 'happy'

D. Abused, not care and continue the cycle.

B and C are almost as high a risk as D in continuing the cycle, for a very simple reason.

There is ZERO help available from the Government. Sure you might be lucky enough to get a payout which you will spend on whatever, maybe go see a few shrinks, but there are no programs for the Victims to aid in breaking the cycle.

The only way to get onto a government program dealing with these issues, is to be convicted

What many do not realise, is that many abusers, talk to the kids about their friends, and the line 'sure ALL boys are interested' is still fresh in my mind as if it were yesterday...30 years later.

Enjoy.
Jas