PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2015, 21:29
True Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SecondDog, "they" are the people responsible for making sure that info available to the public is accurate. People who work at the airport on a very regular basis, I am sure and who should have a very good understanding of what is happening. Let us look at the first example.

The delayed Ezy to Lgw, 838 and due to operate the 839 back. Badly delayed. Showing the 839 on Bfs arrivals as due at 1.10am. On the Lgw departures, the 839 is showing as departing at 1.10am! On the Ezy site tracking, it is showing the 839 due Bfs about 2.30am. Is it not reasonable to expect the staff in Bfs to know that an aircraft that only left Bfs at 23.14 pm was not going to go to Lgw, do a turn round and be back in Bfs at 1.10am? The aircraft was on stand Lgw at about 00.24 am. At some point after midnight the Bfs arrivals changed to 1.55 am.

Second example, Jet2 from Fco, due 00.20am. Bfs arrivals showing due 23.55 pm. In fact, not that long before Bfs arrivals was showing the flight due in Bfs, the flight was still over France. Some time around midnight, the arrivals was changed to 00.25 am, it arrived about 00.40 am.

Here are 2 example of flight info out by about an hour, info provided by staff who are employees employed to carry out a professional job. Do they not see these errors? When the time for the Jet 2 flight was changed, it was still incorrect. Some of the info on display was so out that they didn't need an airline to tell them, common sense should have told them that the display needed changing.

To be fair, this happens at most airports on a regular basis. I just find it hard to understand that these types of errors are seldom noticed or corrected. I could understand why it might happen at a very busy airport, but at Bfs that time of night, less so. It does cause a lot of irritation for pax however. I have seen it happen to often.

TB