PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2015, 20:57
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Basil

Could not agree more ! Thank you for providing the option to present some clarity !

It is Heathrow that is being held up as "UK Airport Flag Bearer of choice" and WILL apparently, create billions for the economy depending who you believe, and whether they are on Westerlies OR Easterlies, HAL £100Bn or Davies £210Bn !

(Note That Davies figure is DOUBLE that of the company who actually own LHR, how very , very odd)

Therefore a token contribution would be nice ?

... Manchester does not exist in the national media (New PR Agency anybody?), and is well under the radar, but given the billions pouring into the South East , well touche, at least in terms of Corporation Tax its the one AND only area where we are at least on an even keel !

I do concede Ms Hodge was very annoyed, but as you say Basil she should be equally irritated by MAN as well !

But Manchester, is clearly an irrelevance, which in many respects is EVEN more annoying, we pay no tax and blow me,
EVEN THAT is ignored !

Meanwhile maybe the answer to the LHR conundrum comes from The Spectator ?

"Cynics say Davies was picked because he could be relied upon to deliver the Heathrow answer that Whitehall and big business want, while giving previously opposed politicians an excuse for a U-turn."

hmmmmm, the mist clears, I wondered why Manchester was blatantly invisible in his deliberations !

ssssh don't mention where that £210Bn figure comes from , maybe nobody will notice !

Airports are doomed to be horrible ? especially as we?ll never expand Heathrow » The Spectator

A MAJOR nod to regionals here ?

I doubt it !

Last edited by Bagso; 6th Apr 2015 at 21:36.