PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 6th Apr 2015, 09:08
TheChitterneFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have only recently found this particular thread and I've enjoyed reading it from end to end. I too have extremely fond memories of my few years spent at Lyneham (1978 to 1986). Being fresh out of Finningley I 'held' with LXX for a month until my OCU started. During my first night in the Sgt's Mess I'd received a telephone call from one of the Sqn Eng's to ask if I'd like to accompany him on a trip to Bermuda, via Lages? Full of excitement, I hardly slept a wink that night! After the OCU, and back to LXX, the excitement continued for some years to come; the best years of my RAF career.

Two-years later, and with a Tac Course behind me, I found myself heading for Nepal on Op Khana Cascade. Dave Ferries (RIP) was one of the ALMs and a good mucker. Ray Beyer and Jim Hobbs were the two captains who, sadly, are also no longer with us.

Reading through this thread I learn of more folk who're no longer with us and so... let's raise a glass to all of those fabulous folk who're watching over us.

Cheers to you all... not forgotten.

TCF