PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone closed out their Provident fund recently?
Old 5th Apr 2015, 20:24
p101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HI Fox-something.
You are being deceived. I don't want this to turn into a slagging match because I only want to enlighten pilots at ek. But I believe that you don't realize that your ROR's are pathetic. I once enlisted my financial pal from Uni to investigate the funds offered by Prov. He sent me the info and confirmed my belief that those funds were vastly underperforming the Markets even though they had a guaranteed number of EK pilots funneling money into them each month. How does a limited amount of funds underperform the Market when they have a guaranteed and massive amount of money being deposited each and every month?? It's not possible unless it's a designed outcome. In other words, a scam to a certain extent.

So how is it possible that a semi-pension fund does not properly disseminate info to their clients? BECAUSE they are reaping the rewards and they don't want the truth to be known. Why didn't they allow the Canadians or Ozzies, I forget, pilots to invest in their own countries and currencies? BECAUSE, it's a mini-scam.

3K pilots donating a guaranteed amount each month to the 'limited' funds and those funds can't even match the Markets? It's insane actually.

So, Fox my friend. Seriously investigate the ROR's of the PRov fund and DO NOT even look at what they print at the bottom which is a purposeful deception. Heck, my funds said I got up to 54% ROR's at one point but in reality, I only got about 2% over the 15 years. Sit down one day, have a pint and calculate what you have contributed, what the Company has contributed and then find an internet ROR calculator and figure it out. IT IS ABOUT 2% overall.

I took the advice each and every 6 months from the financial dudes which was not so bad and my Fund was slightly higher than my peers who joined the same time as me. Yet for some idiotic reason, my pals all thought they were making bag loads of cash when in reality, they were being duped.
Trust me, when the few people who considered the fact that perhaps some individuals were raping us, decided to look into things, they were miffed. It's a mini-scam and that is for certain.
Just like Dubai, it's all a facade. Scratch thru the thin veneer and when you see the truth, it's not that pleasant.

Just my opinion.