PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2015, 19:28
Omnia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear All,

I am a newbie to comment on this forum, but I have viewed posts on it for many years.

When I was a teenager in the long distant past I use to spend my weekends at Ringway (as it was then) with meat paste sandwiches and a flask of coffee logging planes that would arrive probably hours apart. Dan Air Ambassadors, British Eagle 1-11 , Britannias whispering giants, BA viscounts & vanguards and BOAC 707 & VC10s, Aer Lingus Carvairs etc etc.

I enjoy looking at the various postings on this forum, but recently it has turned a little dark.

Manchester has come a long way since the early days.

I have used Heathrow to connect abroad but no longer use HEATHROW.

Why should I.

I can get to China to see my daughter courtesy of Emirates and the MEB3.

I can virtually get to anywhere from Manchester via some MEB3 or European hub.

Manchester is growing and should not be impeded by HAL R3 or BA blocking on the grounds of reciprocal rights.

Everyone down south believes that no one else matters. Heathrow is the B-all end End-all as far as they are concerned. WRONG. We pay taxes as well to pay for your grandiose schemes.

Manchester has a phenomenal catchment area, as good as or better that Heathrow.

Let MAN get a fair crack of the whip.

Spend the R3 billions on things that really matter. Railways and roads in the UK that need sorting.

If MAN (BHX,EDI) and other airports are allowed to get flights (long haul or short haul) to where they want, then this will reduce pressure on LHR and maybe R3 is defo not then needed.

May I say that LAX-LHR (world_rep as was) and Shed post sensible comments.

There are others who do so as well

There are also SOME NAUGHTY people on here who post crap and are anti-MAN. I always reads their posts and think b*******s.

This is a Manchester forum for our benefit and views and news.