PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2015, 15:44
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eggc -

What does it have to do with Manchester? I'm SO GLAD you asked! That mindblowing sum of money required for the Heathrow proposals is REAL. And the publicly-funded portion of it can only be allocated once. Which means if it is spent in London (as such a vast disproportionate sum already has been over the last two decades), then yet again it cannot instead be used where it is desperately required (and long overdue) in the regions. Including the hinterland surrounding MANCHESTER.

Further, if that colossal sum is thrown at LHR it will distort the market. To the immediate detriment of MANCHESTER AIRPORT. For reasons which you can brief yourself upon by reading postings over the last few pages. I could repeat them here ... but hey, who wants to be accused of being repetitive, eh?

So there is your answer in a nutshell. The forthcoming UK airports capacity decision is quite possibly THE most significant threat to MAN's future in the near-term. And the wider issue relating to the equitable distribution of government-funded infrastructure investment is of critical importance to the regions in general. I'm sorry that such a crucial national issue bores you. Maybe we just shouldn't mention it and let Westminster roll over us again.

Well, you did ask!!!

By the way, how small are your pages? That posting covers about one-tenth of mine.