PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Accident à Bordeaux
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2015, 12:52
Agile

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
wow great translation!, great job!, commendable commitment to all pruners.
This accident interested me quite a bit, because the human factor was potentially quite intangible.

1_ The pilot euphoria of completing a largest deal of his life.
2_ Lam Kok euphoria of buying is first wine yard, (probably little bit of a personal dream outside of his main business)

If you think about it, Lam Kok had no business to be in a Robinson helicopter. Especially for a 5 min take-off and land of no traveling purpose. (I assume that is typical ride is an S76 in honkong), I know people like Steve jobs had a fixed standard of approved aircraft for their own liability that started at the Augusta 109.

“I am surprised that they say, alcohol was consumed but it did not affect the ability of the pilot” that is quite a lenient statement!

James Gregoire was apparently respected as a pilot, but I have the feeling he was flying alone (or with one passage) often in that R44, meaning he had been used to a certain power factor. Likely he did that risky manoeuver often (the fast skimming above the river) before (witness mentioned his habit of flying tree top above the river). That day with four people on board, James, Lam and his translator where not light weight peoples + the son of Lam + fuel (how much?). That manoeuver he did often felt probably quite different and over powered the light R44 on the recovery, while leveling off.

It reminds me one key point: accident often happen in your close neighborhood where routine and confidence, put you in dangerous situation.

Last edited by Agile; 5th Apr 2015 at 13:04.