PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone closed out their Provident fund recently?
Old 5th Apr 2015, 12:51
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GoreTex

"....would have made.." I assume from the use of the past tense that you decided not to invest in that. Isn't hindsight so wonderful after the event! I'm also curious as to who in EK you think will be getting commission. Commission on what exactly, the managed funds we select, actual use of the C fund or perhaps the number of Mondial visits pilots make?

As for the charges on the C funds, I've just recently received a rebate of charges and some dividends. The rebates were almost $1500 which were re invested. The charges for running the managed funds through the C fund are discounted from those available to the public. The link from Dropp is hardly rocket science and if you look at the figures carefully, you'll see that there's little difference between a .25% yearly fee and one that's free. Ultimately, it is what it is. Whatever the fund charges, I'd still rather get 10.1% a year after costs than 10% without.

I would like to get back on topic though by asking who has periodically cashed in some of their C fund. I did several years ago but there was a delay in transaction and I had difficulty accessing my accounts. I also don't recall receiving the actual date/selling price. It was in the ball park when I checked the papers but it could be open to abuse/fraud if this wasn't an isolated event.

Harry