PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where did all the applications go?
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2015, 12:00
delorean79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing in the web... yet. But I've heard the same.

EK, Qatar and the one down the road are fighting to hire pilots from the same pool, and that pool is drying fast. The unmentionable is very fast calling people to their assessments, and even faster offering a contract to be signed if you are successful. Their minimum requirements are long gone through the window, and people is looking forward for their commands after being in the company for less than two years. I've been told that even cabin crew are being offered pilot courses... maybe joining there as cabin crew is a faster way to become captain than joining EK at this moment.

On the other hand, I don't see it as a bad thing. (lowering minimums to 1500 turboprop, not becoming a Cabin Crew). But I think training department will have to be reinforced and prepared to share the pressure with recruitment. They will have to train people and help them jump from turboprop to wide body without passing through a 320 or 737, for example. That means training. Not just checking. Of course quality levels should remain the same, only experience levels to be reduced.

There are a lot of good pilots and operators without jet experience out there. It's not the same to fly a Caravan for tourist rides, than operating an ATR in US, Canada or Europe.

Will see how it goes.

Last edited by delorean79; 5th Apr 2015 at 12:37.