PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2015, 22:49
philbky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by j636
Yes while still trying to maintain such presence they can find the aircraft to restore other routes at the same time and I believe at the announcement of some of them was strong demand for direct flights and not connections. If United have a line of 787's delivered tomorrow they wouldn't put one into MAN.

Fair enough but EDI is ahead of MAN on that list!

I'm with Skipness One Echo general view on ATL, you don't give such a route up within good reason and then resume a route which was dropped a few years ago. Yes things have changed/improved but I can't see DL being around for the long haul.

No evidence but we hear enough spoof about China and not a thing about the US.

Apologies my mistake but winter is a long way off being confirmed as demonstrated last year by AA/UA. Was it year round when announced of changed when they brought start forward,

Did a few scams of AA direct and via LHR and LHR is 100-200 more per passenger...
Visitor numbers to the respective CITIES in 2013 from abroad:

Edinburgh: Holidays 838000; Business 134000; VFR 275000; Study and Miscellaneous 57000 Total 1334000
Manchester: Holidays 222000; Business 336000; VFR 248000; Study and Miscellaneous 182000 Total 988000
Whilst the gross figures for Edinburgh are higher the value in terms of spend is tilting towards Manchester more than the bald figures show as business visitors spend between 50% and 75% more than holiday makers per diem and study visits are usually long term.

But we aren't talking about raw visitors, the bulk of which arrive in Edinburgh by road or rail. Look up the airport passenger figures. Manchester serves a far bigger and more populous hinterland.

Re your comment about the UA 787s, I beg your pardon, I didn't realise you were privy to UA's fleet planning. Of course that is pure speculation on your part to bulk out your argument. United have 65 787s of all types on order of which they currently have 17. These are being used on selected routes in the US to Europe and the Pacific. They also have 46 more on option/letter of intent. In addition they have A350s in the pipeline and are seriously considering the A321LR. Which type and how frequently they would replace the Europe serving 757s with is not known and in the interim they are using what they have to build and maintain presence. As I said before they are happy to fill LHR empty seats with MAN pax, LHR presence being vital, and maintain a presence at MAN. If and when they fill all their seats out of LHR without transfers from MAN and the demand from MAN is under served they will look at either bigger equipment or more flights.