PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The farce of modern air travel
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2015, 22:29
BlankBox

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
aahhhh Westjet...let me tell you a tail.

We landed YVR Sunday 22nd Mar off a CI flight from Taipei. Cleared customs at 8:00 PM and checked into a local hotel to clear the J-L and would continue to destination in the AM. AM comes and we show back at the Airport at 10:00 AM for noon flight...and the fun begins...

Show up at WJ counter (partner of CI)...met by SYT1 offering to handle our booking...punches in the info...and then says....WHOA!...I can't do nuthin' with this...continue on to manual check-in. 20 minutes takes us to another SYT2 (fancy that...) asks us for ticketing...punches in the info and says....WHOA!...your ride has already left...

ME...cannot be...noon's not here yet...
SHE...we changed your Itinerary...we sent you an email...didn't you get???
ME...nope...
SHE...(sigh)...see those seats over there...GO SIT...

WE...sitting....and checking email...yep got it all right...datestamped just about when we were opposite Vladivostok...

SYT2..comes over...says you've been passed off to our trouble shooter...pointing to SYT3... SIT...and disappears.

ME... $hit (rolling eyes) and telling wifey... "this is gonna get nasty"

20 minutes pass...SYT3 comes over...

SYT3...bad bad news...we can't get you home till tomorrow. WJ is picking the tab for your o'nite, your flight is 9:00 AM tommorrow were sticking you you in the Fairmont (****)Airport hotel...and here's 6 meal vouchers ($90.00)...we're sorry for messing up your return. Your booked 1a 1b in our Plus seats...enjoy!

ME...duh!!!

and the story continues...yes we caught the flight...get backed from the gate... Captain comes on PA...says we got lights...no action...we're going back to the gate...get de-planed...and got stuck with SYT4 and SYT5 and 100 other pax...

Supposedly will take 2 hours...here's vouchers ($15.00 x 102 = eek!) be back at noon...

Noon...flight cancelled...got you on new flight arriving at 11:00 PM...dinners on us (2 more vouchers) and so we sat looking at SYT4 and SYT5 and the clock...

...about 3:00 PM.... SYT5 (almost on 1st name basis now..hehe)turns to us and says she can do better...changed flights get us in at 7:00PM and they're WJ PLUS...so you get to drink beer for 2 hours on WJ...so enjoy!

So...what's not to like...sorry for that Mohammad guy in the top post ...but that's life...thanx WJ...had a marvelous home-coming!!!

Last edited by BlankBox; 4th Apr 2015 at 23:49.