PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan compressor blade question
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2015, 20:42
Courtney Mil

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
My first thought is, "Why would you want to vandalise such an unusual historical piece?"

After that, you need to see your doctor, take the blade with you and explain what you have done. I expect you have exposed yourself to something that would be a severe irritant, hence the respiratory problems. Enamel is a glass-like substance and you really don't want to ingest or inhale glass dust. You may have to press the issue to make sure your condition is understood. Not many GPs would have any idea of what materials are involved or what the physiological effects may be.

Act now, don't wait for some hoped-for improvement. Even if symptoms do subside, that may not reflect longer term issues. Call your doc for an appointment as soon as the Easter weekend break is over.

As it's a resin and created for specific uses, any data sheet is only likely to offer safety advice for its use during normal usage. I doubt they will offer you help regarding hazards during removal, especially without personal protection - so don't wait for that.

Last edited by Courtney Mil; 4th Apr 2015 at 20:54.