PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2015, 19:44
asdf1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New rules...

Originally Posted by Expressflight
I agree with Tagron that it would be useful to see the source of the figures that asdf1234 quotes. It's all a bit too like hearsay as it stands, although I'm not disputing that it may be so as I'm not in a position to do so.

As far as Stobart applying for the potential subsidy on offer for CAX-SEN is concerned I would suggest that, if they think the route may qualify, it's simple business sense to make an application. I don't think that doing so reflects badly on them or their airports in any way.
I take it we now have a new rule on this forum: post your source or don't make a comment?

Ask FlyBe why their new continual route analysis made them drop what the spotters considered to be a profitable route out of SEN.

The trouble with too many posters here is that they aren't professionals inside the industry but mere spectators and spotters with a soft spot for a particular airport.

I don't report hearsay. If you want to review my past posts on the SEN thread you will see that I pointed out years ago that giving EasyJet a freebie at SEN would mean that the airport could not and would not attract fee paying airlines in any numbers. Apart from EasyJet how is the airport performing?

Results out in a couple of weeks time and I predict zero profits - again. If you don't think that's down to a lack of new routes due to higher than normal costs for a London airport you can of course tell us all why - just don't forget to quote your source otherwise it will be just hearsay.