PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2015, 17:28
philbky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BDLBOS
Ian Brooks, As they say, "If you say it often enough, you actually believe it". The debate should be what will be first LHR Runway 3 or MAN doing something about the terminals.

Philbky. I think doing the comparison game between MAN and the worse airports you have been to, is not productive. If you start that then you end up the same, look at the best and aim high.
Why combine a debate about HAL's plans for LHR with that about the terminals at MAN. MAN could build the most palatial terminal with sumptuous lounges for every pax or any other comfort and attraction but in the end the HAL proposal will stand or fail whatever happens at MAN and a go ahead will severely affect all regional airports.

As for " the comparison game" as you put it, who said those are the worst airports I have been to? They most certainly are not. They are examples of major city airports which also have their faults, some worse than others. I was comparing the current situation at MAN with their current situation, often unknown or overlooked by critics of MAN, not quoting them as examples to be emulated. I thought that was obvious.