PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 3rd Apr 2015, 16:30
Alcazares48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Letīs get this started then!

Signing up to this forum with trepidation it feels like my first day on my new squadron as a newly qualified Loady. Or first day at school, everyone else knew each other from way back when, the place oozed experience and knowledge.

Tales of JATFOR and the Changi slip, Colerne and Fairford, and the New Hebrides conflict was in full flow, everything was passing me by.

At first I thought that maybe I had nothing of interest to contribute to this forum, but flicking through my log books, a few stories come to mind.
But likewise some names stare out at me from the page and mean absolutely nothing.
I have read this thread from start to finish and I can now see why my log books should be permanently at the side of this computer!

Thanks for the welcome AA62, Coff and Smuj.
I dont want to embarrass AA62 but he was the best boss one could hope for and was a great help at three critical periods of my life.

Two great men previously mentioned on here: S** V***e (or Nice Mr V**** as we called him) did an unofficial fly past for my wedding, while Bert D*****d was my best man and terrorised my Mum.
Meanwhile Nav leader P*** K***p saved the day by tracking down the florist when we forgot to collect the flowers. Then my brideīs vintage car breaks down by the garage in Lyneham village!
AA62 do you remember all this?

The sad thing is hearing of those no longer with us, Barry Nunn my first Squadron commander who was my captain on the OCU, Sqn Ldr John Bell was also on that course. Mick Doggart was a very supportive Flight Commander.

Smuj did you get any replies re the dinghy over Canada? I was on the call out.