PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Finningley AAITC
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2015, 16:08
biddedout

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Baffy_Boy
Quote:- Bidded Out, I wonder if you are speaking about Steve Askey on 119? One of the best blokes anyone could wish to meet. If you are I wouldn't mind following up on the rest of what you said. Even if if it's not the same course it's a bit strange that the one or two guys who put little into the team effort became AEO's. Not a little chip on a shoulder there somewhere is there?

Sorry, I haven't looked on her for a while. First question - Yes and I agree, hope he is doing well. Second question. I understand what you are saying but no, I decided to leave and do other things early on and never applied. The comment only applied to a couple of "Grey Men" who seemed to not stand out on the Squadron but played the game and ticked the boxes. Meanwhile, it was a delight to see a significant number of extremely talented NCO Aircrew try for Cranwell and make it through.

On another unrelated point. Despite adventures in Otterburn and picnics in the Dales seeming to be only a year or two ago, those of us on 120 course and beyond are now in our fifties or sixties. I wonder how many of us thought that because we were on a "non pensionable engagement", we werent entitled to a pension? I had a pleasant surprise when I wrote to MOD pensions just on the off chance and found that for my 8 years service as a pie eater , I do in fact have a modest pension and a lump sum payment at age 60. . Might be worth looking into if you haven't already.