PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2015, 15:49
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shed as I said, American introduced the MD11 to MAN at the same time as LHR. So what practical steps can be taken, to ensure MAN has a competitive product? I know DL/VS have a JV and VS are growing at MAN, but mainly in P2P leisure. So with the alliances focussing elsewhere, to get MAN to "full potential", somehow they need to square the circle of alliances (cartels?) no longer focussing so much on hubs. Agreed? Pm the question and I'll have a go.

Also remember connectivity to London out of MAN is now at an all time low with Virgin Red following BMI into the history books and BA having dropped MAN-LGW. Something more appealing needs to be in place than a twenty five year old AA B763, in that sense maybe DL made a good move. And surely MAN can do better than the B757 with United, it's not like they're connecting pax outta MAN over LHR. Without mentioning London, I strongly believe the current hard product going West with the legacy US carriers isn't competitive. Surely scope for Norwegian to step in and shake things up massively?

Last edited by Skipness One Echo; 3rd Apr 2015 at 16:11.