PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2015, 15:21
Landflap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clud B ; Good points. My interest is in Selection & Training and at risk of being flamed for not reading the multitude of posts, may I ask if the Lufthansa Acadamy is the same as was set up in the 60's ? Highly selected young men & women were selected and trained and PAID FOR in order to join the sponsoring Airline, or, has the Acadamy developed into the commercial world where so called "Cadets", in fact, pay for their own training & not, therefore, subjected to the rigorous criteria of the past ?

Please don't tell me that cadets, having secured money loans enjoy the future of having the loans extinguished by the sponsor after succeful training is remotely comparable with the Cadet schemes of the 60's like BOAC/BEA (Hamble), BUA (Perth), BKS/Cambrian (Oxford & Perth) etc.

Claims that this troubled mass murderer was subjected to a selection procedure with only 1% passing (Germanwings) and as a ,so called, "Lufthansa Cadet" was party to only 2% failing the course is leaving me unimpressed.

I repeat, for the glory days of the '60's where airlines selected and paid for the training of cadets, this guy would not have succeeded in phase one of, at least, a six phase selection procedure.