PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2015, 04:01
ExSp33db1rd

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
That nothing has changed over the last 30-40 years I also find quite troubling.
Why, I can't recall us having the problem 40 years ago, If It Weren't Broke Then, Don't Fix It Now, leave what was working well alone ? One Swallow Does Not Make A Summer.

When was the first recorded incident of a pilot trying to commit suicide with a shed load of innocent passengers on board ? I have a vague recollection of a JAL DC-8 landing short, (or nearly landing short ?) at the old Haneda Airport?
( I know, I could Giggle it but Life's too short and I'm sure someone will do it !)

Maybe the first pilot who would have been accused of attempting suicide with an aeroplane as an accessory was Lindbergh ? I doubt that he would pass any of today's Risk Assessment modules now being forced upon the flying community.

I was once asked if the fact that I had responsibility for 300-400 lives weighed heavily on me ? I replied not, what weighed most heavily on my mind was my own survival, I flew the bit of the aeroplane that I could see in front of me, the rest just followed ! I flew the freighter aircraft with as much professionalism and responsibility as the passenger models. I guess that's where the term SLF comes from ?