PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lumbar Nerve Root Block woes.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2015, 02:13
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Lumbar Nerve Root Block woes.

After 15 years of lumber pain I finally found someone that would look at it again. The above procedure had to be done first and while the 30 minute procedure was okay, but the hospital visit was a nightmare. For me, really bad as I had vertigo on the same day. So, I was told I'd got a 7 hour wait!!! 15 hours without so much as a sip of water. I had a drip fitted, but it's all so unnecessary.

Now I'm much worse than I was. I had a fair amount of pain, but sadly, just couldn't risk lifting more than 20 pounds. Now I'm just plain Fked. Hardly walk and it throbs even when resting. 6 weeks had gone by Not good, in all other respects I very, very lucky with my physical strength and heart/lung wit low BP etc., etc. All wasted on a body that has to creep round.

Anyone know if bad after affect will subside? I can put up with anything as long as I know it will get better, but this has go me worried.

The surgeon has said he'll operated on the basis I had two - three days blisfull relief. That means they've found the spot I suppose. However, after15 years I'm just about all in with this back of mine and don't think I can cope with it getting worse. Already on Tramadol and that takes the edge off, but leaves me feeling a bit odd.