PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turboprop transition to jet?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2015, 01:25
Obidiah

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Journey Man,

"With the deepest of respect this warrants, your comments seem to be made with the pithy abandon of someone whose never experienced those wonderful, 'glamorous' opportunities."

Then all is not what it seems then Journey Man.

From Gliders to Ultralights to a mustering business to Ag to floats to international survey and now Aeromed. All of which has afforded me 3 investment properties a shed full of motorcycles and a rather nice fishing rod. But more importantly it has given me a contented disposition and happiness. It matters not a hoot that I may never monitor a shiny fat jets path along a predetermined route and I cannot help but feel if more pilots were a little more ambivalent toward a jet job then those companies might just need to lift their game regarding employee's.

However your last point regarding the OP is valid, my bliss won't help his transition, but it might just help to foster a frame of mind that accepts the present scenario with happiness. After all it maybe that he never transitions to a jet and spends the rest of his flying career in a TP. I hate to see pilots become miserable when upward progression stalls, nothing good comes from disgruntled or depressed pilots.

PS. I don't lend my tools.

Best of luck ORICHETTI