PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turboprop transition to jet?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2015, 19:07
papazulu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Orichetti,

I am in your same boat (???) except that I am slightly luckier with the type, mine being ultra-popular. As a matter of fact I have come to the point where I am sought by operator that surf the web and read my profile in the likes of LinkeIn. However I am experiencing your same syndrome, stuck on type, n jet time and age (at least for the airlines) not on my side.

What can I suggest? Well, I'll second those who say network like nuts. That's how I got my first (cursed) job when I was just a FI with 500hrs of SEP. If it happened once then it may happen again. I keep promising myself next move will be upwards and not sideways but then reality kicks in. Corporate is probably the only way to go for me, not sure whether it applies to you as well but worth considering, IMHO. Airline flying is OK in a legacy or a well-structured LoCo but I wouldn't join ANYONE just to fly an A320. It has to be "survivable" financially too.

I'd rather not comment on those who take the "...P2F path to avoid this misery..." because it would drag this OT but it's really frustrating to read those words.

Best luck with you search