PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2015, 18:52
Denti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We know that there's only a 5% success rate for candidates at initial application stage.
Do we have metrics for cuts once traing has started and does LFT management have such metrics anchored in the agreed targets for their performance-based bonuses, possibly triggering our old friend, the Law of Unintended Consequences?
Lufthansa states that only around 2% of those that pass the whole selection process fail during flight training and have to be let go. Those figures seem to be consistent for the last 30 or 40 years.

I have no idea about any bonuses, it might be tied into the management of lufthansa flight training, but i guess, as the flight school is a rather small part of the whole LFT company, that economical performance figures are rather more important there.

I warrant that a huge proportion of the travelling public have no awareness of the other suicide events, have probably forgotten MH370 or the shoot down. In a few weeks pragmatism will set in and this too will sink on to oblivion.
At least true in germany, or rather those parts of the media i peruse (no, i don't "read" Bild). It is seen as singular event, even if, on the side, one or two of the other events are mentioned.